Monday, August 6, 2012

Half Off Mondays

The first Monday of every month, St. Vinny's (Vincent de Paul) has a 50% off everything sale.  I don't know why I haven't gone before, despite the madness of the place.  I didn't buy much, but I got great deals on everything I did leave with.  My favorite purchase is this book was clearly priced (with 4 stickers, front, back, two inside) at $5.  If I hadn't purchased this little gem for $2.50, I wouldn't realize that I need to get a copy (probably used, I'm not rich) for every kid I'll ever encounter.



I found it on Amazon here, and the used copies are only $7.50, but holy crazy price for new ones.  





 I feel like whether this book was a gift (generous!) or just something someone bought for their own kid, it shouldn't have ended up there.  Granted, I'm grateful to have it now, but this book is really nice quality and it's so fun and informative.  It'll be an heirloom for us.



Adam probably has each one of these facts memorized already, since when he was growing up, he was on his grandparents 100 acres of wooded land catching blue racers, bugs and learning everything possible about every living creature.  He's like an encyclopedia about everything nature-related.  Shit.  We probably don't even need this.




No comments:

Post a Comment