Saturday, October 13, 2012

Can't stop myself from coloring more jeans

So I have this pair of old Bullhead blue jeans.  I paid $10 for them at PacSun like four years ago.  I got my money's worth out of them already, really.  But I wore them to school the other day and realized that I have a bad habit.  I wipe everything that I don't want on my hands, on my jeans.  The tops of the thighs were stained a nice brown color (I was probably the only one who noticed - I tend to exaggerate a little bit).  I was irritated until I realized that it's possible to bleach, then dye jeans.  Duh!  I wouldn't have had to get those white thrifted ones (could've saved myself $1, ya'll) I dyed mint green.  Anyways, now I want red-orange.  So that is what I'm currently working on.


It's really too bad I didn't check out this tip page before buying more Tulip dye, but it was only $3.  And I'll be damned if I didn't just throw out a bunch of celery leaves that could've been the yellow component for my red-orange...

I'll keep you posted on how they turn out.  One blogger said it took 21 hours to bleach her jeans.  That's just hours in the bleach, not the time in between to avoid the jeans becoming a snack for the chemical filled water.  -_-  I just put mine into a five gallon bucket, before I read that it may take me three days to find the time to finish just the bleaching process.  I hope the new color will blow me away so I forget all of the work involved.


No comments:

Post a Comment