Friday, October 5, 2012

Reuben Rolls




By combining elements from this recipe and this recipe and the back of the egg roll package, I've made a healthier version of this pin (by baking, not deep-frying).  I doubled the recipe, but here is the compilation of the instructions I followed:

Ingredients:
8 ounces corned beef (ground or shredded)
6 ounces shredded Swiss cheese
1/2 cup sauerkraut, rinsed and drained

1/4 cup onion
12 to 15 egg roll wrappers


Directions:
Preheat oven to 425°

Combine corned beef, cheese, sauerkraut and 1/4 cup onion and mix well. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Roll up as directed on package, sealing edges with a little water.

Lightly brush egg rolls with olive oil, and place, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Bake at 425° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.






And because I just can't follow directions, I used extra sauerkraut since my aunt made it and I invited her over to eat with us.  I also made some with Pillsbury Crescent rolls.  I used the Reduced Fat ones for my stepdad, but it's helpful anyway because they're thinner and easier to work with than the flaky, delicious thick ones.  



2 comments:

  1. Oh, yummmmm! You beat me to them. I'm totally gonna fry mine though. I'm in a fatty phase right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol love it! I wanna hear how delicious they are, then I'll get ambitious enough to be burned. Because let's be honest, I will burn myself if I'm within three yards of hot oil.

    ReplyDelete